Clergy Gitmo Justice Fast
“After all is said and done more is said than is done.”
As a Minister I sometimes feel this saying is talking to me & my fellow religious leaders. The great Prophet Jesus taught “by their fruit you will know them.” Every world religion calls us to compassionate action towards all beings.
Gitmo has been a spiritual & moral black hole for far too long.
Gitmo prisoners are on a hunger strike for their dignity and freedom. They are being force fed by the American E.R.F. (Extreme Reaction Force), a squad of eight military police officers.
It is time for people of good faith to act.
Everyday a faith leader will do a water only fast & pray for one prisoner by name. The goal is to get at least 164 religious leaders involved – one per Gitmo prisoner.
We invite “lay” members join with a faith leader but it is vital for clergy to be the moral force taking the lead. We will keep doing this until:
1. The force feeding of the 130 plus men is ended.
2. The 84 men who have been cleared are given their freedom. Two have been released since we started fasting & praying!
3. The remaining 80 men are put on trial or released.
4. Gitmo is closed.
Join our Facebook Group. Follow me on twitter @revchuckfreeman. I will be posting about the Clergy Gitmo Justice Fast on both platforms. Please join us by signing up for a day of prayer & fasting here.
* Gitmo Is Killing Me, 4-14-13
* An Open Letter to my Military Doctor, 5-31-13